Ground Zero Business Development
December 10, 2018: 6:15 PM - 9:00 PM
Business development leader discusses the most effective techniques for initiating new business relationships for competitive advantage.
National Louis University
850 Warrenville Rd
There are many misconceptions related to networking, cold calling, and the relative importance of who you know vs. what you know. To show what truly works, this month's program will focus on proven techniques of the world's top revenue generators, applicable to products and services and for businesses at all stages of maturity.
Our speaker, with an enviable track record of success across all major facets of business development, will cover the critical issues for creating new sources of revenue. These include:
• Identifying the right prospects to talk to
• The best methods for contacting prospects
• What to say to get their attention
• Establishing a process-based approach to remove uncertainty
Entrepreneurial Roundtable Member $15.00 Fee as of 12/5/2018 $20.00
Guest of Member/Alum/Student $15.00 Fee as of 12/5/2018 $20.00
Chicago Booth Alumni/Student $15.00 Fee as of 12/5/2018 $20.00
General Public $20.00 Fee as of 12/5/2018 $25.00
Registration is required
Payment In Advance Only
No credit cards at the door, only cash and checks.
• Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel, must do so by Wednesday, December 5. There is a no refund policy for late cancellation attempts or for no shows. Registration cancellations will be accepted until December 6, 2018 at 12:01 AM
• Select the appropriate registrant category on the ER website. NB: The "restricted", no-fee category shown on the registration page is for the speaker and guests, as authorized by ER.
Adam Khorshid (Speaker)
Director of Business Development, Oracle Corp
In addition to his leadership role in business development for Oracle, Adam is a top ranked mentor and coach to high performing executives via Everwise, an enterprise mentoring company connecting expert mentors to organizations. Adam also worked in equity research for Credit Suisse, in multiple sales and marketing roles for Hewlett Packard, and as a senior consultant for Whittman-Hart. He holds an MBA from the Wharton School, an MS from DePaul University, and a BS from the University of Illinois.
Greg Gocek, '85
Booth ER Chairman
Dress is business casual.
Check in upon entry in main lobby. Pre-event networking with light refreshments occurs there 6:15 - 7:00 PM after which one proceeds upstairs to the third floor room (exit right from elevator) with presentation beginning no later than 7:10 PM.
Ample free parking in main lot of building to east of entrance.