What is the Chicago Booth Women's Network’s mission?
- To support our alma mater
- To facilitate a global network for Chicago Booth women online and in person
- To promote women in business worldwide
How does the Chicago Booth Women's Network work?
Since 2002, the Chicago Booth Women's Network has been a grassroots organization, driven by individual alumnae volunteers. Our board of directors leads worldwide initiatives and maintains our close connection with Chicago Booth. Local volunteers drive all other projects, including regional gatherings. To volunteer, please contact the President Nima Parikh, '98.
How do I join?
All women graduates of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business are a part of the the Chicago Booth Women's Network (over 12,000 alumnae worldwide).
What does the Chicago Booth Women's Network do?
The Chicago Booth Women's Network is dedicated to connecting all the women of Booth and celebrating their professional and personal achievements. Through our regular, worldwide event series; monthly newsletter; and LinkedIn and Facebook groups we provide a forum for alumnae to exchange news and professional information.
Chicago Booth Women's Network hosts four seasonal events throughout the year across the globe:
- Spring Summit: Professional development events featuring a panel or speaker
- Summer Brunch: Casual gatherings for alumnae in late summer
- Fall Exchange: A series of events to facilitate innovation and exchange of ideas
- Winter Tea: A holiday-themed afternoon tea
Additional regional events are driven by local alumnae volunteers and center on career development, admissions support, and social networking. Popular events have included an annual golf outing in Minneapolis, women’s MBA dinners in Los Angeles, dim sum in New York, a kayaking day-trip in San Francisco, and a volunteer home-building project in Chicago, among others.
We also work with women's groups at Chicago Booth and elsewhere to plan or publicize events that benefit women in business more broadly.
For upcoming events, please visit our Calendar of Events or see our Contact page to volunteer to host an event in your hometown or inquire about partnering with us.
In addition to our in-person events, alumnae can stay in touch and develop professional contacts through our virtual network:
- Monthly newsletter - broadcasts upcoming events and professional and personal accomplishments within our alumnae community
- LinkedIn and Facebook - allows members to share items of interest or find new connections
Email Martina Dimova-Martinez, ’08 to share your news in the newsletter or on our website.
Interested in Applying for a Leadership Position on the Board?
We are looking for volunteers around the world to be the local CEO and face of Chicago Booth Women's Network in your city. City Ambassadors liaise with school and other local alumni organizations to plan and market events, creating a thriving Booth community. All you need is a bit of commitment and spirit of giving back to society. If this sounds interesting, contact Sheila Long, '05.