In today's turbulent business world, leaders find themselves in a complex competitive environment where corporate strategy is more critical than ever before. Those who are able to think strategically and predict the impact of industry evolution are able to make competitive shifts and maintain profitability.
In this program, executives will learn techniques to understand the competitive structure of an industry and a company's competitive advantage. Participants will analyze various strategic decisions, including positioning, pricing, new venture, technology, and diversification. In addition, the program will look at how organizational structure impacts effective strategy development and implementation.
Participants will apply the program material to define long-term strategic objectives and initiatives and will translate these objectives into an execution road-map.
By attending this program, you will:
Improve your strategic planning process.
- Translate strategic objectives into an execution plan.
- Develop systems for coordinating strategy across units.
- Use game theory reasoning to analyze strategic decisions.
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
Excellent program. Reinforced my knowledge of strategy. More importantly, it stretched my thinking with new concepts that provide a much more nuanced approach to strategy formulation. Truly an excellent program and will put what I learned to use immediately.
- David Rovin, Director Commercial Lines Product Management, American Family Insurance
[Executive Program in] Corporate Strategy has provided me with actionable strategic tools. Too often academia provides retrospective frameworks that are difficult to apply or are easily misused. UofC has provided prospective frameworks, how to apply them and addressed use/misuse.
- Robert Morris, Vice President and General Manager, General Binding Corp.
Administration personnel very attentive and kind: many thanks! Asking the right questions is far from being an easy task when you're either building your strategy or even trying to understand others?! At Chicago the instructors instill you in a way you learn how to choose the right questions to ask. This very well coordinated and exciting learning process instructors put you through is really shaking and teaches you to see what really makes a difference to your business.
- Guilherme Leoni, Engineer, Petroleo Brasileiro S.A
An excellent vehicle to a comprehensive approach to strategy, with latest thinking and practices. Highly recommended for management through executive and corporate staffs.
- Richard M. Bartz, General Manager Commercial Products, H.R. Textron, Inc.
As an entrepreneur, these classes provided me with outstanding tools to manage and grow my business in both a creative and systematic fashion. Outstanding material and speakers.
- Doug Zell, CEO, Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea, Inc.
Fantastic educational experience. Faculty was extremely engaging and taught cutting-edge philosophies and approaches to strategy development.
- Michael W. Nelson, Director of Sales and Marketing, MeadWestvaco Corporation
I give the program an A+! A recipe for success - outstanding instructors, stimulating interaction with talented classmates, great program content, and a beautiful facility. Result - useful concepts I can take home and implement.
- Randy Kesterson, Senior VP - Operations, Curtiss-Wright Flight Systems, Inc.
I thought the seminar was excellent in providing a thoughtful and compelling range of analytical tools that will prove useful for making strategic planning decisions. Excellent for senior managers looking for real-time analytical frameworks.
- Marc Rovner, VP Business Development Consumer Healthcare Group, Pfizer
It was fantastic to dissect and analyze cases with other professionals from various industries and countries. It is insightful to see/hear the issues other industries are focused on and how they are preparing their organizations for these challenges. The peer-to-peer learning was rich.
- Ronny Bryant, Strategic Leadership Consultant, State Farm
Overall, the program covered a lot of ground and did so quite effectively. I especially liked the involvement of six faculty, providing a variety of perspectives on the broad subject of strategy.
- N. Guy Winebrenner, Director of Market Development, Progress Energy
Program drives to 'post program' implementation. Diverse styles of participants is a very positive element. The natural individualism comes through with the learning.
- Michael F. Nussbaum, President, C.O.O., Field Container Company, L.P.
Relevant content with real-world application. Challenging, enlightening program. It's true, the instructors focus on teaching you how to think - not what to think. First class, professional instructors. Strong content.
- Tony Hayden, VP Seating Business Unit, HON Co.
Taught me new concepts to apply - think differently. The instructors were, across the board, incredible!
- Cara Miller, CFO, Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea
The course was well structured, challenging and well paced. The collective knowledge base and quality of teaching skills combined with a case study approach created a dynamic and stimulating learning environment. I enjoyed the class and it was a worthwhile investment.
- Sherri McArdle, President, McArdle Ramerman Inc.
The field has greatly evolved since I graduated from MBA school almost 30 years ago. I am facing industry analysis, corporate strategy and organizational issues. The presentations were geared exactly to fit my needs.
- Hernan G. Etcheto, COO, Canadian Inovatech, Inc.
This class delivered superior material on corporate competition, strategy and game theory. The professors facilitated all fundamental aspects that are required to succeed in a changing business environment.
- Craig Kinley, Sr. Director of Engineering and Network Operations, Airgate PCS, Inc.
This course is a first-rate offering for leaders in all industries. It is the product of excellent faculty, engaging teaching methods and great facilities. I will leave equipped with sound principles that can be applied to improve my strategic planning and help my business achieve long-term competitive advantages.
- Courtney Campbell, General Manager, Retail Banking, National Commercial Bank, Jamaica Limited
Very well done program. Good mix of lecture, small group discussions and class discuss. Especially enjoyed various perspectives offered by participants and professors guiding discussion in context of subject.
- Linda Scott, Manager Strategic Business, Caterpillar Inc.