South Asian Business Group
SABG aims to provide a cohesive forum through which members of the Chicago Booth community and other constituents can explore and lead initiatives related to South Asia. As the largest student cultural group at Booth, SABG provides business students with many opportunities to create a strong network through social, cultural, and professional events.
We invite all Booth students to join SABG, regardless of their backgrounds or ethnicities, and encourage all members to become actively involved.
SABG organizes several professional activities that help its members reach their professional objectives.
- Indian Business Conference - This conference provides members with an unparalleled opportunity to network with some of the most influential leaders in the region.
- India Trek - This two-week trip provides a unique opportunity to explore India from a social, cultural, and professional perspective.
- Speaker Series - This series brings together prominent South Asian leaders to discuss current issues facing the South Asian community.
- Mentorship - Take advantage of our mentorship opportunities, including receiving a second-year mentor, resume reviews, internship/career focused panels, mock interviews, advice regarding visa matters, travel concerns, and answers to your general questions regarding living in Chicago.
Come party with SABG! We host tons of fun social events to bring the Booth community together.
- Diwali Party - This is one of the largest social events that always attracts the greater Chicago community to come together to celebrate the beginning of a new year.
- Big Bhangra Blast - Balle Balle! This event gives SABG the opportunity to showcase their cultural heritage and really PARTAY!
- Other Social Events - Join us for our welcome party for new members, Bollywood movie screenings, trips to Devon St. (Little India), Booth-Kellogg mixers, and Pub Night.
Two-year membership: $85
One-year membership (for second-year students only): $50
Ritika Bipin Singh