Beyond The Classroom
The Chicago Booth experience is so much more than what happens in the classroom.
Establish new relationships and build new networks as you explore your career, your interests, and your ideas about business management.
You’ll have many activities to choose from that will help you learn how to motivate people, build relationships, and lead.
- Meet new classmates on a Random Walk to Costa Rica or South Africa before your first year begins.
- Join Net Impact, a student group where you can volunteer your skills to help a nonprofit. Booth has more than 70 student groups that cover a wide range of social, professional, athletic, diversity, leadership, or special interests.
- Take in a Distinguished Speaker Series talk and hear a blind mountain climber discuss teamwork.
- Attend a Myron Scholes Global Market Forum event to hear about what is wrong with capitalism in the United States today. Watch video.
- Become a student mentor or career advisor and pass along your knowledge and experience.
- Form a team to compete in Chicago Booth-sponsored or national contests designed to showcase your business knowledge and skills. Consider some of these competitions.