Chicago Booth admits new students into the Full-Time MBA Program in the autumn quarter only. The process has two main components:
- Application - You must complete an application and provide supporting details by the deadlines noted below.
- Admissions Interview - Interviews are by invitation only. All invitations to interview will be released by the mid-decision dates listed below for each round.
Decisions will be released through the Applications Status section on the online application system according to the schedule listed below. For more information, see the Admissions Decisions section.
|October 2, 2012
||October 31, 2012
||December 19, 2012
|January 8, 2013
||February 13, 2013
||March 28, 2013
|April 4, 2013
||April 24, 2013
||May 23, 2013
Complete an Application
Your application will consist of the following items:
- Completed application with required personal background
- Completed essay questions
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Note: Official transcripts are requested from admitted students only.
- GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (international applicants only)
Note: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores are valid for two years.
Submitting Your Application
Submitting an application and materials can be done electronically through our online application system. The system includes step-by-step instructions for completing the application online, including the process for submitting transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation. You may make changes and edits to an application at any time prior to submission. Registration and creation of a username and password are required to begin the online application.
Interviews will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of a submitted application. Candidates invited to interview will be contacted by the mid-decision date with instructions on how to schedule an appointment.
A candidate who receives an invitation will have only one interview. Interviews are conducted by admissions staff, students, or alumni. They are held on campus or in a location convenient for the prospective student. All interviews, regardless of who conducts them, receive equal weight in the evaluation process.
Your application must be submitted by 5 p.m. (CT/Chicago time) on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for an application round. This includes receipt of all online and mailed-in materials. Applications submitted after a deadline will automatically be considered in the next round, as long as all materials are included with the application.
Applying to Special Programs
The International MBA and all Joint Degree programs require a special application process. Please refer to the relevant program for specific information.