All decisions are released through the online application system under the Application Status section.
||September 17, 2015
||December 10, 2015
||January 5, 2016
||March 17, 2016
||April 5, 2016
||May 19, 2016
Decisions fall into three categories:
- Admission - Applicants are admitted to the program. Admitted students will receive additional information via the admissions packet mailed to all admitted students.
- Waitlist - Students who are not admitted for the current round may be considered for subsequent rounds. The waitlist at Chicago Booth is used to gauge the pool of candidates in a subsequent round before offering a final decision to those candidates placed on the waitlist. See waitlist candidate information below.
- Denied Admission - Unfortunately, we are unable to admit the vast majority of the applicant pool in any given year. Denied decisions are released at the mid-decision and final decision notification dates. All decisions are final.
Waitlist Candidate Information
Waitlisted candidates can expect to remain on the waitlist until at least the next round of decisions is released. In some cases, applicants may remain on the waitlist for more than one decision round. A few points to note about our waitlist:
- We do not rank order our waitlist.
- We are not able to offer feedback to candidates who are on the waitlist.
- Applicants on the waitlist are welcome to send updated materials only if there have been developments since the time of the initial application.
Should the Admissions Committee require additional materials, applicants will be notified.