The Evening MBA Program matriculates about 450 students per year, and the Weekend MBA Program matriculates about 100 students per year. All decisions are released through the online application system under the Application Status section.
- Admitted - Students are admitted to the program pending receipt of official transcripts and test scores. Admitted students will receive additional information about the program, the mailed admissions packet, and access to the admitted student website.
- Denied - All decisions are final. If you were not successful in the admissions process and are interested in reapplying to Chicago Booth, please refer to the reapplicant information below.
- Waitlisted - The waitlist is used when a decision is unable to be reached at the time of review. After the deadline, the applicant will be notified of the final decision.
Waitlist Candidate Information
A few points to note about our waitlist:
- We do not rank the order of our waitlist.
- Applicants on the waitlist are welcome to send updated materials only if there have been developments since the time of the initial application.
- If we require additional materials, applicants will be notified.
You are considered a reapplicant in the admissions decision process if you have submitted an application to any Chicago Booth MBA program within the last two years. If you choose to reapply to any Chicago Booth MBA program (Evening MBA, Weekend MBA, Full-Time MBA, or Executive MBA), you must wait six months from the date you submitted your original application AND apply to a Chicago Booth MBA Program that begins in a subsequent quarter to your original application. For example, if you originally applied to the Full-Time MBA program for the fall quarter and would like to apply to the Evening MBA program as a reapplicant, you must wait a minimum of six months from your Full-Time MBA application submission date AND apply to the Evening MBA Program for the winter quarter (subsequent quarter to the fall quarter) to be considered an eligible reapplicant.
Successful candidates in the reapplication process have demonstrated growth through career progress, academic preparation, or community involvement. In your reapplication, it is strongly recommended that you address the ways you have strengthened your application since you last applied.
For your reapplication to be considered complete, you must start a new online application for the quarter for which you are reapplying. In addition to completing new essay questions and the reapplicant essay question, reapplicants must also submit one new letter of recommendation and conduct an additional interview with the Admissions Committee. We will keep your original application on file for two years, so you will not have to resubmit transcripts and test scores unless there is updated information.
For additional information about reapplying, please contact our admissions office at 312-464-8700 or eveningweekend-admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu.