close window Close Window

Chat: Marketing at the GSB

March 9, 2006—10:45-11:30AM CDT

Topic: We welcome Sanjay Dhar, Professor of Marketing at Chicago GSB, alumna Ann Mukherjee, a Vice President with the Quaker Oats Company, and current GSB students Jit, Jamie, and Todd.

KristenP: Thank you for joining us! We will be starting in five minutes. Feel free to start posting your questions!

Jit: Hi everyone, I'm a second year student with intended concentrations in Analytic Finance and Strategic Management and will be moving into Investment Management post-MBA. I took a Marketing Strategy class with Prof. Dhar and it was a great learning experience that will provide me an understanding of the marketing strategies of companies I will be analyzing in the course of my work.

ProfDhar: Hi everyone, I have been a professor in Marketing at the GSB for the last years. I teach Marketing Strategy in the full-time, evening and weekend MBA programs and Marketing Strategy and Advanced Marketing Strategy in the exec-MBA programs in London and Singapore.

Todd: Hi! I am Todd Applebaum, a 2nd year student and a co-chair of the GSB Marketing Group.

Ann: Hi, my name is Ann Mukherjee. Thanks for joining the discussion today. I graduated from the GSB in 1994 and also attend U of C undergrad, graduated in 1987. Prior to joining the GSB, I worked in the non-profit sector raising funds for university operating and endowment funds. After joining the GSB, I did a marketing internship with Citicorp Diners Club. At the end of the internship, I joined full time as Manager of New Products and finished my MBA part-time. Upon completing my MBA, I joined Kraft Foods and had a classical brand management experience working on classical brands like Mac 'N Cheese, Kraft Singles, Stove Top Stuffing, DiGiorno, Velveeta. After 11 years with the company, I moved to PepsiCo as Vice-President of Marketing for Quaker Snacks.

Jamie: Hi, I'm Jamie Andersen. I am a first-year concentrating in Marketing Management. My background is in healthcare consulting and pharmaceutical sales and I am now pursuing a career in consumer products marketing. I will be interning at Kraft Foods this summer, in Chicago, as an Associate Brand Manager. Thanks!

Megan_Stricker: Hi my name is Megan Stricker, and I was interested to know what are some of the marketing group projects that you assign in your classes

ProfDhar: Students work on group cases in teams of 4-6 people. We use Harvard cases as well as industry cases that GSB alums pose to us. In addition, students have worked on new product development projects on entrepreneurial ideas.

Yumi: What career path do majority of marketing majors at Chicago pursue after graduation?

Todd: A majority of GSB marketers are pursuing brand management careers, often at consumer packaged goods companies. However, there are many other students pursuing technology or pharma marketing, consulting, fashion, or even smaller start-up ventures. The GSB Marketing Group, professors, and curriculum will support and help prepare you for whatever marketing career you choose to pursue.

Yumi: A question for Ann: What about Chicago has helped you succeed in your career?

Ann: The greatest gift that I received from the GSB was how they taught me to think. This program is not about spoon feeding answers, its about teaching you how to ask the right question. It helps you to problem solve and think strategically. The other gift it gave me was the community I got to be a member of, even after graduating. Throughout my career, I have been able to leverage this community to help me in my career progression, how to go about tackling my businesses and so on. I don't think I could have achieved what I did without the GSB.

Victor_CHEN: Could you please share you opinion of the feature of Chicago GSB in marketing program?

Jit: The GSB marketing program provides students with a balance of both qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing. Besides the 4Ps and 3Cs, you will also learn how to analyze data and figure out the critical insights for your marketing decisions. Great marketing strategies need a balance of both the science and art of marketing.

chelsea: Which courses do you suggest I take, if i am interested in marketing?

Jamie: Hi Chelsea. There are a lot of great marketing courses here at the GSB. I would suggest that you take Marketing Strategy (37000) in the fall of your first year. It is an intro course and is a great overview. After that, other options include: Consumer Behavior, Data-Driven Marketing, Developing New Products, Pricing, and Marketing of Services, among others. There is also a Management Lab, which is a course that deals with real-world companies doing real projects. This is an applicant-based project, but is a great experience for those who choose to apply. Don't worry too much about classes for now. When you get to campus, the 2nd years will serve as a great resource to help guide your choices. Thanks!

Yumi: How come you don't currently offer a course in international/global marketing?

ProfDhar: Our courses focus on building a strong foundation in marketing which can be leveraged in any context so we discuss international issues in every class.

Yumi: Are there any recent changes in the curriculum related to marketing that we should be aware of?

ProfDhar: We have a data based marketing course, just introduced an Integrated Marketing Communications course and will be introducing a course on advanced marketing research methods.

Kishore_Devarakonda: Dr. Dhar, I have heard from a number of alumni that Chicago has a unique approach to Marketing as a subject. Can you please elaborate.

ProfDhar: Kishore, the world of marketing is becoming very data oriented and information intensive. Several of our faculty work with organizations on developing methods and frameworks to answer these questions.

Amar: There is a lot of traction/effort the these days about Technology Driven marketing. What new initiatives is Chicago GSB taking to address this new dimension of marketing?

Todd: Most marketing classes cover technology cases as part of the curriculum and many people take other classes under strategy, entrepreneurship, or management labs that also cover technology marketing issues. If you are interested specifically in technology, you can also choose to pursue projects in class or internships regarding technology marketing.

Ajit: Hi everyone, just thought I'd send a pre-chat question ... Could you comment a little on the marketing department's greater focus on behavioral sciences?

Todd: The GSB marketing department has a slightly more analytical focus to marketing, which I like in that it forces a good marketer to back strategy and tactics with valuable data. However, the GSB has a committment to behavioral marketing too with strong professors like Sanjay Dhar and Ann McGill and adding classes like Consumer Behavior and Integrated Marketing Communications. In addition, within most marketing classes you will learn techniques related to behavioral sciences even when blending that analysis with strategic or analytical concerns.

Ziad: Should i have any specific background if i want to have a concentration in Marketing?

Jamie: Hi Ziad! No, you do not need to have a specific background to concentrate in Marketing (or anything here at the GSB, for that matter). My background is in consulting and sales, but my peers come from all over the board - teaching, accounting, banking, non-profit. The important thing when it comes to finding an internship and full-time position is that you can convey how the skills that you acquired in your previous experience relate to what you want to do in the future. Don't worry too much about that - the Marketing Group and Career Services will help you prepare your "story". Take care!

Jenn: Hi, I am very interested with the topic. Want to know what GSB's concept of successful marketing? what is the best way of marketing education? How to be a master of marketing? ....

ProfDhar: Solid fundamental thinking, armed with cutting-edge analytical tools and an understanding of best practices is important to success in marketing today. We emphasize this in our curriculum.

GSB-Applicant-2006: Professor, may I know what's the teaching method used in class "data-driven marketing" class, is that lively discussion? or lectures, or both?

ProfDhar: We use a combination of actual industry data, live cases, as well as lectures and cases.

Victor_CHEN: Hi, This is Victor. Date driven marketing is an unique course. What is the main objective of this course? and what could be expected from this course?

Todd: Interestingly, I just conducted the most recent installment of the Marketing Group's Faculty Lunch Series with Professor Hitsch yesterday who teaches Data Driven Marketing. The class is very quantitative and a friend who interned at Kraft last summer said that it was phenomenal for her to understand Neilsen and IRI data that you analyze during that class. This class is fairly unique to the GSB and shows the depth and breadth of the GSB marketing curriculum. Should be a very valuable class.

vikpan: Hello Prof. Dhar , I had some questions on how database marketing is taught at GSB

ProfDhar: Industry data, live cases, lectures and Harvard cases.

MD13: What are some of the events that the GSB Marketing group has?

Jamie: The Marketing Group has a lot of events, both career-focused and social throughout the year. I am a co-chair for the upcoming year, so we are currently working on planning our events. Some examples are: Lunch and Learn programs with alumni, professionals or professors, Marketing Conference with a keynote speaker and alumni, Internal Marketing Case Competition, Mock Interviews, Resume Reviews, Mentorship Programs, Happy Hours, Holiday Parties, and Superbowl Parties. There is a lot of opportunity for the first-years to get involved and take ownership of a project. Thanks!

SSK: What the philosophy of the way marketing is taught at GSB, i.e. does it utilize the same analytical approach that the school is known for?

Ann: I think Chicago actually does a beautiful job balancing the art and the science of marketing. It is truly it unique point of difference. A lot of other schools do a great job teaching the art of marketing. How to do advertising copy, how to understand consumer insight, how to see trends to leverage, etc. What Chicago goes on to do is to translate what you learn from the art of marketing or the more qualitative side and help you understand how to leverage the science of marketing. It teaches you concepts you need to take great marketing ideas and turn them into viable business propositions. Chicago teaches you how to manage the entire business system with marketing and the consumer at the heart of the model.

AG: Jit, what is a fundamental concept you learned in your Marketing Strategy class that you can apply to your professional experience?

Jit: Hi AG, In my job post-MBA, I will be analyzing companies and trying to figure out if they are worth investing in. The Marketing Strategy class taught me what questions to ask management about how they plan to market their products, look into data and other external information to understand what the company should be doing and figure out if the marketing strategies the management says they are pursuing makes sense.

Yoel: Hi, I am a prospective MBA student to GSB. I have a question to Prof. Dhar: What is the relationship of marketing with entrepreneurship in a business environment? How does this relationship applies on the real world?

ProfDhar: Marketing helps an entrepreneur grow their business in a strategic as opposed to an ad-hoc or opportunistic manner to enhance the chances of success.

DanMartAng: Hello, my name is Daniel Martin. Chicago GSB is specially famous for its Economics and Finance departments. How would you say the marketing department measures up?

Todd: GSB Economics and Finance are excellent, but do not assume Marketing is any less impressive. I will also have a Finance concentration and have been very happy with both disciplines. The faculty at the GSB has in the past 10 years been arguably among the best faculty in the industry and has continuously improved. The faculty are doing really interesting research on consumer behavior, pricing, and strategy and are always happy to speak with students about it. The classes offer breadth of knowledge and depth of action to really learn marketing well at the GSB. I would put the GSB Marketing Department up against anyone.

Pramodh: Do you recommend any pre-requisites for marketing courses?

Jamie: The only pre-requisite for most marketing courses is Marketing Strategy (37000). After that, you are pretty open to take whatever. Some of the classes are more data driven, such as Data Driven Marketing and Pricing, so statistics and accounting are both helpful. I would recommend taking Marketing Strategy, as well as stats and accounting in the fall, so you will be set for the following quarters. Don't worry too much about it - we'll help you when you get on campus. Thanks!

Jenn: What is the uniqueness of Chicago GSB marketing education, please provide 3 words.

Jamie: Focused, Analytical, Award-winning.

KristenP: The chat will be closing in 20 minutes. Please submit your final questions.

Bronson: I would be curious to hear how applicable the course work is to start up ventures

Jit: The flexibility of the GSB curriculum allows you to take classes in any area that you're interested in. For example, although I am pursuing a career in Finance, I have taken classes in New Venture Strategy and Entrepreneurial Finance. Any business owner/executive, whether it is in a start-up or an established company, needs skills in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, General Management, etc. - you get all this at the GSB. Additionally, the entrepreneurship classes here are great! You learn how to write a business plan, present your business idea, how to analyze the feasibility of a business plan, and even participate in new venture competitions on campus!

manju_bhat: Hi, I'm Manju Bhat and would like Prof. Dhar to elaborate on philosophy of GSB's unique approach of teaching the discipline of marketing. (like would it be beneficial to have prior exposure to economics)

ProfDhar: An emphasis on fundamental principles, cutting-edge tools, practical frameworks and how they are applied to industry problems is important in marketing. That way you are better prepared to answer any question in the future.

jlarsen: Other than taking marketing courses, how would somebody who is pursuing an analytical consulting career path benefit from the GSB's marketing resources?

Todd: Beyond classes, there are several other resources. Marketing Group members can take seminars to build financial models that are helpful when mixing with analytics or finance. In addition, management labs and several out of class projects through groups such as Net Impact or the Business Solutions Group offer chances to be quantitative. Lastly, I participated in several case competitions last year that also helps to synthesize marketing and analytical skills. In terms of consulting, you could also join the Mgmt. Consulting Group which will help explain consulting.

arun: Hi I am Arun, just wanted to know what other opportunities that students get to interact with industry?

Jamie: Hi Arun. You will have ample opportunity to interact with alumni and professionals in the industry that you are pursuing. For example, the Marketing Group hosts multiple industry lunches on campus and we will also be hosting a Marketing Conference with a networking component. Some companies host students at their offices for the day - Kraft and Pepsi participated this year and we hope to increase the number of companies for next year. First-years also make trips to the east coast or Minneapolis over the winter break to meet with company representatives. There is a great GSB Marketing Alumni group and they are very active during recruiting. Thanks!

Justin: Does GSB have marketing courses which focus on B to B?

Todd: Marketing of Services is a great class more for B2B and most classes offer cases that address B2B issues. Marketing at the GSB is versatile and can cover most topics in which you might be interested.

ccmvrocks: If I'm interested in international marketing, is there a track that would steer me that way?

ProfDhar: The general marketing track would be still quite relevant as we cover international issues in every class.

achopy: Technology marketing?? Can we study at Illinois Medical District?

Jit: Marketing applies to all sectors including Technology. Unfortunately, you can't study at Illinois Medical District.

ppatel: thanks for hosting this session. Why choose the GSB for marketing over Kellogg? Branding is vital in marketing and many would argue that Kellogg is the #1 brand for marketing.

Ann: As a loyal user of the GSB brand, I am clearly biased. Having said that, I am not sure what defines #1 brand for marketing. Instead I think about MBA programs in marketing a bit like people. Each one has its pluses and minuses, each one stands for different values, no one is better than the other, they are just different. If you asked me what the GSB marketing brand stood for, I would say a very smart, genuine, unpretentious, and substantive brand. Smart because you have some of the best minds in marketing teaching you. Genuine because they let the results speak for themselves. Substantive because they don't spoon feed you the answers, they teach how to think and ask the right questions. When you solve complex problems, 90% of the solution is based on asking the right question or framing the right question. At the end of the day, my advice is choose the program that best fits how you define success and best matches your values.

Kishore_Devarakonda: Dr. Dhar/Jamie, I am looking forward to pursuing Business Development in the high-tech industry post-graduation. Can you please detail how one could setup their marketing curricula at Chicago with regards to the above short-term goal in mind?

Jamie: You will have a lot of resources on campus to get into whatever industry you choose. All of the marketing classes (Strategy, consumer behavior, data-driven marketing, etc.) will give you a solid background. Also, career services is an excellent resource for getting into the industry that you want. Truthfully, the GSB gives you the freedom to do whatever you want!

LSabow: Is there strong on-campus recruiting for brand management / marketing outside of consumer packaged goods? Or is that path more self-directed?

Todd: There are many opportunities beyond CPG. Pharma marketing which is more analytical is a popular one at places like Abbott or Baxter, technology focused careers such as Orbitz, Google, or Samsung. Also, marketers can translate their skills to organizational or marketing consulting, merchandising which is similar to brand management but in retail, and other places. However, I would encourage students to pursue off campus searches and networking in any prospective career to add to the pool of great companies that career services brings to campus. Frankly, student trips through the Marketing Group like Minneapolis Quest and Brand Week have even encouraged new companies to come to campus outside of traditional CPG brand management. Alumni are a great resource.

Chris_2: How does the marketing faculty at Chicago GSB prepare students for the ever changing trends in today's global marketplace? How has marketing strategy evolved for multinational companies?

ProfDhar: We have a very active group of faculty who are both conducting research to further current knowledge in marketing that will lead to best practices in industry. Several of our faculty work closely with organizations so we are very much working on issues that are important to organizations.

OksanaB: What percent of the students pursues a marketing career?

Jit: 95% of the students take classes in Marketing. That's even more than investments!

prospGSB: How do those interested in non-profit/ government enjoy intro-marketing classes? Are these special circumstances addressed? Thanks.

Todd: The GSB has several options for those interested in non-profit business. I am a member of Net Impact, a social business organization and even did a marketing consulting project last year as part of their Service Corps. Other groups on campus such as Chicago Urban Enterprise and Giving Something Back offer chances to be involved with non-profits. Also, Social Entrepreneurship is a class directly on topic. Beyond that, marketing class provide you skills that translate to any industry, especially non-profits where there may be less structure, but you can bring strong GSB marketing expertise to bear on their unique issues.

kaneabel78: I already have 5 yrs work experience in product mgmt. and market research. I would be looking to build my skills in marketing while I prepare for a career in general mgmt. What kind of job opportunities exist for a marketing professional like me?

Jamie: What a great background! You should have no problem relating your experience to what you want to do in the future. All companies that recruit for General Management (often in the form of a Development Program) value previous marketing experience. That being said, there is still a lot of be learned from the classes at the GSB - you can take whatever marketing classes you wish, but can also supplement your experience with courses in something new. Best of luck!

SSK: How quickly are new marketing techniques integrated into the courses and broader curriculum?

ProfDhar: In many cases we are developing the techniques here so even before the "rest of the world" sees it you might have seen it in one of your classes.

Kishore_Devarakonda: Dr. Dhar, Can you please provide an example of how cross-disciplinary teaching plays out with regards to marketing at Chicago?

ProfDhar: Several of our faculty are trained in the base disciplines -- economics, statistics, psychology etc. and it is reflected in the way that we teach our courses. In fact, the same class may be taught very differently (of course using the same fundamental concepts.

arun: What is the Integrated Marketing Communications course all about ?

Todd: IMC is a class that is very popular among marketing students in order to gain a grasp of all the marketing tools, especially under advertising, promotion, and how to work within the cross-functional teams in a brand atmosphere[here with vendor firms and internal marketing communications people. IMC also takes great emphasis on consumer behavior and response and allows you to explore marketing tools in depth rather than solely with breadth from the intro course.

Andy: Are there any specific marketing courses that you suggest for students who intend to concentrate on entrepreneurship

Jit: At the very least, you should take the Marketing Strategy class. Additionally, you should take classes in Pricing Strategies and the Lab classes on New Products.

Chicago1: How does an MBA student benefit from the outstanding faculty at Chicago? I can see Phd students will clearly benefit from this fact, but what about MBA students?

Jamie: MBA students have the opportunity to interact with professors. For one, most, if not all, professors are very involved in their classes and make an effort to know their students. They are also available after hours to meet on an individual basis. Also, the Marketing Group facilitates this relationship through various programming, such as lunches and social hours with the faculty. It really is what you make of it. Take care!

manju_bhat: Can someone elaborate on new scholarships/fellowships started for Marketing students?

Jit: All information about new Marketing fellowships are on the Admit and Prospective web sites and we are working on adding more onto the web site.

Kishore_Devarakonda: Ann, can you please elaborate on how the alumni network at the Chicago GSB has helped you achieve your goals?

Ann: Let me describe two ways that the network has helped me. First because my fellow alums have the same rigor in training, they became great sounding boards in my day to day work. In running businesses, developing world class marketing I could reach out to them to help me think outside the box. Because we are all trained to ask challenging questions, they would help me see new ways of thinking. In turn, I got to better results which in turn helped me advance in my career. Second way they have helped is in providing support during stressful times. About a year ago, when I left Kraft and moved to Pepsi, it was pretty scary. I went from an organization that I knew, I grew up in, where I knew the language and the culture. Coming into Pepsi, at a more senior level, I was vulnerable. I didn't know the informal networks, definition of how to get ahead day to day. Again, leveraging the alum network, I was able to get sound advice that I could trust to help me adjust and succeed. We alum tend to be a very loyal bunch to each other.

Amar: What is the approximate percentage of students that typically pursue marketing @ Chicago GSB?

Jit: 90-95% of students take the basic course in marketing which is tied (along with investments) for the most number of sections offered.

ChicagoHopeful: Chicago is well know for its work in behavioral economics. How is this work finding its way into the marketing curriculum?

ProfDhar: We have several faculty who work in this area in marketing. In fact, one of our senior marketing faculty holds a joint appointment in marketing and behavioral decision making.

Seok-Han: This is sort of off-topic. I think no school is perfect just as no one is perfect. In this sense, what areas do you think does the Chicago GSB need to develop?

Jit: You're right - no school is perfect and the GSB has areas that we need to work on. In the past, the GSB has been stereotyped as a 'finance' school despite having great programs in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. The GSB is currently working on re-framing the GSB image into one which emphasizes the intellectual rigor of the MBA education in all aspects of business and not just finance.

Elise: On average - how many "points" do the marketing classes that Jamie discussed go for? (Thank you).

Jamie: Great question and one that I'm still trying to figure out! The points system depends on a few things, such as professor, day of the week and time. There are multiple classes (such as Marketing Strategy with Professor Dhar) that go for around 5,000 points. One benefit of the focused Marketing Group here at the GSB is that it is relatively easy to get the classes that you want! Thanks!

kaneabel78: One often hears marketing is as much about thinking from the heart as it is about logic and reason. In that context, don't you think Chicago GSB is over emphasizing on analytical rigor?

Todd: Valuing analytical emphasis is not mutually exclusive from qualitative actions. In fact, by using a solid analytical technique, you can reinforce the understanding of consumer behavior and better meet consumer needs - the heart of good marketing. GSB's emphasis only helps you be a great marketer - you can better make qualitative decisions with a basis in data, but the analytical focus in no way overwhelms the GSB's commitment to strong marketing to the consumer.

NMU: Jit, how have the marketing programs helped you strengthen your financial focus?

Jit: The marketing program allows me to figure out how to judge the potential success of companies' marketing strategies and that allows me to better forecast companies' future financial performance. Additionally, having taken the marketing classes, I can now better market myself to recruiters! :-)

ChicagoHopeful: What does a typical summer internship look like for someone entering brand management?

Todd: I interned this summer at Fellowes, Inc., a consumer products company that offered me a very traditional brand experience. You will enter immediately as part of the cross-functional brand team and pursue several projects ranging from strategic issues, to competitive analysis, to analyzing profitability, to creating a video or coupon promotion, to understanding consumer behavior. A brand internship really lets you dive in to marketing and see how it really works. Be prepared for a busy but very valuable summer!

Chicago1: If Marketing at Chicago has roots in economics, what are other Marketing programs based on? I am still trying to distinguish Chicago from others. I want to understand better the claim that Chicago explores fundamental disciplines... Do other top MBA programs not do that?

ProfDhar: Our curriculum is more discipline based than probably any other school -- that may involve economics, psychology, behavioral decision making etc. That way you get a lasting education that prepares you to answer any marketing issues later in your marketing career.

Kishore_Devarakonda: Can someone please comment on any relation between a career in Venture Capital and the subject of Marketing?

Jit: As a VC, you will need to assess the feasibility of companies you might be interested in investing in. You will need to understand how the products/services they make/provide fills a niche in the market, how competitors will react to the product and understand if their pricing strategies make sense. You will learn all this and more in Marketing

Chicago1: Is there any application of Price Theory in Marketing at Chicago?

ProfDhar: Two of our faculty work in that area.

arparul: Greetings Prof Dhar, Ann, Jit, Jamie and Tadd! I am a full time MBA applicant. I have heard lot of praise for Prof. Dhar's class. I was wondering would marketing classes be applicable for someone who plans for a career in Finance.

Jit: Definitely. You need to know why the companies marketing and pricing strategies make sense, how much it will cost, what is the ROI on the marketing plan, how successful a completed marketing plan is, etc. All this information will feed into your financial models and projections.

DanMartAng: What sort of companies are recruiting Marketing GSB graduates?

Jamie: There are a myriad of companies that recruit for GSB marketers and the number is increasing every year. The most popular industries are Consumer Products, Healthcare, High-tech and Financial Services. Some examples of the companies we saw on campus this year were Kraft, Pepsi, Wrigley, Campbells, Microsoft, Jim Beam and American Express, as well as many, many others! It is also important to keep in mind that although some companies may not travel to the GSB to recruit on campus, many of them post opportunities to our recruiting services. There is so much opportunity, you will have a hard time choosing which company to choose. Best of luck!

ed: What would you say distinguishes the GSB marketing program from that of other elite schools, such as Harvard?

Ann: Similar to my earlier answer about what sets up apart from Kellogg, I would have to say the same thing here. When you are comparing the pros and cons of top 10 programs, it is much harder to do. They are all great programs. However their approach to teaching and marketing will differ. You have to decide what approach fits best your approach to learning and your definition of success. Chicago is a school of substance. They teach you to fish, so you can eat everyday no matter where you are and what your circumstances. They teach you not only the what but the why behind it. In a changing economy, where consumers preferences change faster than technology advancements, and the world is shrinking, you need to be trained on how you can adapt and stay nimble. Chicago's approach to teaching is just that. They train you to be ready for anything. Their approach to any area of learning (marketing, finance, etc) is to teach you the entire business system and see how it all fits together. That is the edge you need to stay competitive throughout your career. That's what Chicago has to offer, now the question you need to ask is whether this approach is right for you.

Jit: Thanks for participating in the online chat today! Hope it has been an informative session for everyone and we look forward to having you on campus in the near future (whether as an admitted student or as a prospective student)!

ProfDhar: Wish you the very best and thank you for the opportunity to interact with you.

Jamie: Best of luck to all of you as you make the very tough decisions ahead of you. The GSB is a great, great place to be a Marketer and I hope to meet you next year in the Marketing Group! Take Care.

KristenP: For our Round Two applicants, many of you asked about when decisions will be released. We plan to release decisions on March 22nd. We know the wait is difficult, but you're nearly there. Hang in there!

ProfDhar: Wish you the very best and thank you for coming to chat with us.

KristenP: Thanks again and have a great day!

Todd: Thank you so much for coming to ask us questions. You will find GSB marketing students are very open to answer your questions here or through other contacts. See you all soon!

KristenP: Thanks everyone, this was a fantastic chat! I'm sorry we weren't able to answer all of your questions, but you can post them to the GSB discussion forum and we'll get back to you.

Ann: Thanks everyone for joining us today. You guys asked us some great questions. Congrats to all you on being accepted to the GSB and for choosing to pursue an MBA as the next part of your life's journey. I wish you all the best!