As an executive ready to take that next step in your career, you need access to the latest thinking and tools to competitively position yourself and your business—for today and for the future. You also need to focus on daily operations. How do you gain the critical insight you need without taking too much time away from work?
The Accelerated Development Program offers a powerful solution: maximum exposure to key business concepts and strategies in an intensive format over three months, with one week a month on campus. The modular format means you can apply the new knowledge to the workplace in real time as the program progresses.
The Classroom Advantage
You will learn general management essentials from world-renowned faculty at one of the world’s most prestigious and highly acclaimed business schools. Participants also learn from each other. From the first session, you will have the opportunity to apply new concepts to your company’s challenges and then confer with the professors and your peers about the results at later sessions. ADP provides a forum to share business problems and craft solutions, to learn the necessary skills to address whatever issue may arise.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and gain insight into the critical functional areas within a company.
- Learn how to manage across functional areas and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strengthen strategic decision-making skills and enhance strategic thinking.
- Build and learn to shape organizational culture and structures that create value.
- Network and establish long-term relationships with key executives from other organizations.
- Learn strategic tools and techniques to manage future growth.
- Position yourself to take on more strategic, general management roles.
- Gain greater self-awareness and understanding of how you work with others.
- Develop a personal leadership plan with the help of a professional coach.
April 11 - 15, 2016
May 16 - 20, 2016
June 20 - 24, 2016
October 10 - 14, 2016
November 7 - 11, 2016
December 12 - 16, 2016
GBP £17,500 (USD $26,250)
Invoice will be in GBP
Accommodations not included
Chicago Booth, Woolgate Exchange, London UK
London provides a central location for opportunities where Booth can partner with many of our corporate supporters as well connecting with the more than 1,700 alumni living in Europe. Chicago Booth offers Executive Education courses in London.
For inquiries, contact Kimberley Robberts at +44 (0)207 070 2200 or kimberley.robberts@ChicagoBooth.edu
View Global Programs
ADP offers a unique blend of networking opportunities and practical, hands-on, relevant content that can be applied in daily dealings with investors, staff, boss, and other stakeholders. I learned from a diverse set of classmates and faculty members who were masters in their respective fields. I benefited from applying my learning to my work between modules and discussing the results with my peer group throughout the duration of the programme. The opportunity to continue to learn and share ideas and best practices continues today with active and continuing dialogue with professors and past participants of ADP.
- Ali Moinuddin, Chief Marketing Officer, Workshare
ADP represented a great platfrom; the connections made, insights gained, and relationships formed at this program will lead to greater opportunities for everyone. With a balance of lectures and hands-on exercises, it helped build upon existing knowledge and covered lots of useful approaches and food for thought.
- May El Gammal, Head of Marketing, EFG Hermes
As well as being a world-class general management program taught by extraordinarily knowledgeable faculty; ADP is a fantastic networking opportunity. It's a chance to create relationships with people you are less likely to otherwise meet; and to collaborate and share best practices with experienced leaders from a really interesting mix of industry and geographical backgrounds.
- Carl Segerstrom, Global Talent Management, Merck & Co, Switzerland
ADP at Chicago Booth was a first-class opportunity to build upon prior business qualifications and develop in new areas such as corporate leadershipo, strategy planning, and networking. Above all though, it provided a fantastic chance to share real-life work experiences with fellow cohorts who all played various roles across many different industries. The academic tuition, combined with the interaction and networking with class peers, provided a unique and invaluable learning experience.
- Nick Hughes, Chief Operating Officer, Marathon Asset Management
I am responsible for risk management for my company and as such I live a busy life, with very little time to widen my capabilities in other areas of management. The Chicago Booth ADP was the answer. The five sessions, one every four weeks, in a convenient London location, allowed me to maintain my day-to-day responsibilities whilst covering many of the topics that are relevant to company management. Chicago Booth offers excellent teachers, good material to work with, and lots of new ideas to be put into practice by my company and the industry in general. The faculty is first class and stimulating; new topics can be easily understood and those you are already familiar with become clearer and evident when discussed in class.
- Jaime Roman, Risk Managing Director, Endesa, Madrid
Since time is such a precious commodity, the ADP provides an organized, focused, module format which builds upon fundamentals, whilst also providing scope for more detailed learning. I had heard about Chicago Booth's reputation as one of the world's top business schools, and I had the chance to experience that firsthand. Not only did I learn from world class professors, but I was also surrounded by a diverse group of students, several of whom I am discussing opportunities with. Without reservation, I would recommended ADP to fellow GE colleagues.
- Michael Siurek, New Markets Business Development, GE Capital - Europe London
The Accelerated Development Programme was recommended to me by a colleague and I was particularly impressed with the delivery mode. The modules are well organised and focused, and the quality of teaching was excellent. For me, ADP was a great way to refresh key areas of my management knowledge.
- Gabriel Quiros, Head of Division, European Central Bank, Frankfurt
With just a two to three-day commitment over a six-month period, and a flexible schedule, the ADP is an ideal way ofdeveloping your skills alongside the pressures of your day job. I now have a deeper understanding of the foundations and complexities of the business world, and this has already reaped rewards in terms of a recent promotion. I highly recommend both the programme and the business school.
-Vanessa Vallely, Global Head of Portfolio Management, Aviva Investors, London
With the evolution of the global business environment and the myriad of sophisticated management products available; the Chicago Booth ADP is a fantastic way to access the core principles of business and get updates on the latest tools and methodologies, all delivered by superb faculty. The program has the right balance between academic teaching and practical implementation, and the format is flexible and well suited for the working manager.
- Antonio Gusmao, CEO, Alexander Forbes Financial Services Ltd
The Accelerated Development Programme offers a broad range of modules that give a great overview of the key management issues around at the moment, with some invaluable insights provided by the lecturers who live and breathe the issues every day. Both the organisation of the course and the quality of lecturers are excellent and there is ample opportunity to prepare, ask questions, and interact as you need. It prompts you to think about business issues in another way but, just as importantly, to question personally and challenge yourself on a number of issues.
-Siân Williams, Head of Regulatory Development, Lloyds TSB Bank Plc
The experience is intellectually stimulating, thought-provoking, and at the same time, offers great practical application. I have expanded my networks from meeting new people on ADP and had so much fun along the way!
— Pam Jackson, Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
This program is designed for executives who are responsible for key organizational activities but who need to develop a wider general management perspective outside their traditional area of control and expertise. ADP participants represent a diverse range of industries, backgrounds, and nationalities, creating a dynamic environment for peer learning and sharing.
Program is suitable for professionals with significant experience and demonstrated career progression and success across levels, including:
- CEOs, Directors, Presidents
- Senior functional managers, business heads, and managers of managers
- Individuals with outstanding career and leadership roles in a variety of settings
- A strong drive to succeed and aspirations for reaching beyond the obvious career milestones
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn, and apply new knowledge in varied situations
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in functional, technical, or business roles
- A graduate degree with a strong academic track record
Network Leadership: Innovation and Achievement
Learn how social capital can help leaders identify opportunity and mobilize resources to create value and a competitive advantage.
- Managing dual leadership roles to increase efficiencies and create value
- Designing high-performance teams to execute and commercialize on new ideas
- Inspiring creativity and framing ideas for buy-in and getting the job done
- Leveraging "status" for personal and organizational competitive advantage
Develop an analytical framework for making strategic marketing decisions, and for deciding which customers your organization should serve, which products and services it should offer them, and how.
- Developing a marketplace position not readily duplicated by competitors
- Understanding why the best plans go awry, the misapplication of marketing strategy
- Combating organizational resistance, building and maintaining strong brands
Financial Accounting and Analysis
Accounting is often referred to as the 'language of business.' Learn how to use financial statements and accounting choices to evaluate a firm.
- Financial statement analysis, forecasting, and working capital management
- Revenue recognition, accounting choices, accruals, and cash flows
- Off-balance sheet financing, assets, and liabilities
- Net present value and discounted cash flow analysis
Learn how to make the best competitive decisions for your company based on concepts from microeconomics and game theory.
- Industry economics and profitability, game theory, and competitor analysis
- Factors affecting firm strategy and profitability
- Firm and industry dynamics
Develop a financial approach to managerial decision making, set withing the context of a firm's strategic objectives.
- Investment and financing decisions—tying finance to strategy of the firm
- Capital markets and the corporate manager
- Risk and return and the cost of capital
Enhancing your influence—both internally in your firm and externally vis-a-vis complex organizations such as suppliers, strategic partners, and clients—by expanding and refining your repertoire of negotiation tactics and strategies.
- Identifying sources of formal and informal influence within complex organizations
- Leveraging to your advantage in negotiations
- Exploring cognitive aspects of negotiations, as well as common terminology and personal negotiation styles
- Using simulated negotiations, because negotiation is a contact sport—you only get better by doing
- Creating value in negotiations by identifying beneficial trades including difference in priorities, risk or time preferences, and forecasts