Success in management requires understanding the psychology that determines both individual attitudes and group behaviors. Great managers must be self aware and deeply empathetic, leveraging their team's attitudes, thoughts and beliefs to inspire their best work.
This program, grounded in social psychology, will introduce frameworks and principles that will allow you to explore your assumptions about others, better understand why people do what they do, and more effectively manage yourself and others.
Ideal for anyone with current or anticipated management responsibilities, this course will examine topics such as motivation, interpersonal dynamics, influence and persuasion, group decision making, organizational culture, and ethics and leadership.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop a framework for understanding how to effectively influence others.
- Learn the art of giving and receiving feedback.
- Be able to recognize and overcome flaws in negotiation strategies.
September 19–23, 2016
December 5–9, 2016
$9,985 (accommodations not included)
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
A lot of immediately relevant information and good start with applicable examples.
- Dave Balakrishnan, Manager, Siemens Energy Inc.
It has been amazing to see how many insights I've had with my team's behavior based on what I've learned this week.
-John Parks, CIO, Invision Inc.
Excellent program which has given me a lot to think about and take back to my organization.
- Mauricio Ortiz, Economist, Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Department of Commerce
From start to finish, the program delivered to the very high expectation set before arrival. The tools I gained this week will be on the top shelf of my toolbox as I return to the office.
- Bob Allen, Plant Manager, Borg Warner, Inc.
Good information and insight. I look forward to implementing some of these concepts and techniques into my work and personal interactions.
- Vanessa Kellogg, Director of Development, Horizon Wind Energy
I believe this to be one of the best professional development programs I have completed. Highly valuable!
- Brian Pilcher, PhD, VP Medical Affairs & Clinical Education Mertz, Aesthetics
It is really amazing how a one-week program can create a huge improvement in the way to be an effective manager.
- Humberto de La Vega, VP of Sales Latin America, HID Global
This was a challenging and fulfilling program that provided me an opportunity to personally investigate my style of management.
- Joanne Benrud, Director of Professional Services, Apple Home Healthcare Ltd.
What an amazing experience! This course embodies the high and low points of what/s necessary to be an effective manager.
- Robert Sluss, Senior Product Manager, Hip & Knee Division, Arthrex, Inc.
This program is beneficial for managers who seek to enhance their management skills and effectiveness within the context of their organization and individual performance. It is ideal for anyone with current or anticipated management responsibilities, ranging from senior-level and mid-level management to people expecting to take on leadership roles.