Getting Money to Buy or Expand a Business
March 20, 2006, 6:30 PM - 8:45 PM
Unlock the money in banks and in IRA/401(k)accounts. Experienced bankers tell you how to obtain financing when your company has minimal assets and you have minimal savings. Learn more.
Event to Outlook
Illinois Institute of Technology -- Wheaton, IL Campus
East Loop Road (north of Butterfield Road)
Driving Directions: Take I-88 to Naperville Road - Take Naperville Rd. North 1.5 miles. At Butterfield Rd. (Rte. 56), turn right. Go 0.4 mile to first light (East Loop Road). Turn left onto East Loop Road & go 1 block - IIT on right and Linens N Things on left
6:30 pm - 7:15 PM: Networking
7:15 pm - 8:45 PM: Presentation
Register via Email
Register by Phone: 630-527-8552, ext. 303 (Mary Brown)
Please register by 4:00 PM on day of event
Bill Wentz (XP-57), '88
630-527-8552, ext. 304
Financing the purchase or expansion of a business is often as difficult as finding a business to buy. In this session, three leading experts will discuss:
- how to approach a bank about funding,
- the various financing alternatives available from banks,
- the "in's and out's" of SBA-guaranteed loans, and
- how to tap your IRA or 401(k)account to obtain money for your business.
Our experts have years of experience in providing financing and commercial loans to small and medium-sized businesses:
- Walt Garside of American Chartered Bank, an expert in adapting bank financing to the needs of privately-held businesses.
- Mary Los of Fifth Third Bank, who has years of experience arranging SBA loans.
- Marcus May of Johnson Westra Broecker Whittacker & Newitt works with BeneTrends, which has led the way in helping entrepreneurs use money from their IRA and 401(k)accounts.