Brewing Up Brand Differentiation - The Tale of Music Legend Ray Charles and a Seattle Coffee House
March 26, 2014: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Join us for a thought-provoking, engaging, and somewhat offbeat look at the brand strategy process as seen through the eyes of a veteran branding practitioner.
450 Cityfront Plaza
Join us for a thought provoking, engaging and somewhat offbeat look at brand strategy process as seen through the eyes of Jim Paglia, a veteran, "one-trick pony" branding practitioner. Topics that will be explored:
The Goal of Every Brand: "I See Me!"
- How the U.S. Dept. of Defense won the battle to save a 150 year-old institution critical to the saving of tens of thousands of service member lives by recognizing the brand it didn't know it represented and other heroic feats.
Defining Brand Hierarchy
- A range of consumer and business brands are examined demonstrating an approach to baseline work that establishes authenticity, relevance and consistency while underscoring the power of self-indulgence, individualism and imagination.
Why Some Brands Drown in an Attempt to Find Blue Ocean Strategy
- It is critically important to establish the shoreline before going out to sea.
Duck Dynasty's Brand Genius
- A discussion of brands that have made improbable impact.
The Importance of Aligning Brand Behaviors to the Desired Customer Experience
- What do Disney and a leaky milk carton at Jewel have in common?
Price $15 includes appetizers. Cash bar.
6:00 PM-7:00 PM: Registration & Networking
7:00 PM-8:30 PM: Presentation & Discussion
8:30 PM-9:00 PM: Additional Networking
Jim Paglia (Speaker)
Founder & President, In's & Out's, LLC
Jim had a lengthy career with various global advertising and public relations firms including the creation of Tassani & Paglia, an integrated marketing communications firm that grew to over $50 million in annual billing before launching In's & Out's, LLC in 1995 to focus on guiding and aligning brand strategy.
Beyond his reputation as a nationally recognized brand expert, Jim is in constant demand as a consultant, speaker, workshop presenter, and facilitator. He has worked with industry leading companies and organizations such as IBM, McDonald's, Walt Disney World, numerous universities, national nonprofit groups, the Department of Defense and various state and municipal entities as well as small businesses and entrepreneurs in literally scores of industries and fields. For a list of clients served, too numerous to include here, and upcoming speaking, workshop and facilitation engagements, visit www.brandsthatstand.com
Jim has authored or guided numerous business and strategic plans for clients. Jim maintains a blog on branding and other topics of interest to him at www.brandsthatstand.blogspot.com.
Jim has served as president and/or chairman of more than twenty-five major not-for-profits in the past twenty years. Jim was a founding board member, chairman of the board and president of the Chicago Sinfonietta, a professional symphony orchestra with a compelling dual social and artistic mission.