Now that the Accountable Care Act is being implemented broadly, how are healthcare providers and medical product companies transforming their business models to thrive?
PARKING: Chicago Booth has arranged with the AMC Theater-River East Self-parking Garage to provide discounted parking:
- 300 East Illinois Street (AMC Theater-River East Self Park Garage)
- $6.00 after 3:00pm
- Garage: Self Park
- Facility Payment: Automated; at pay-stations by cash or credit card or upon exit pay by credit card only.
- To receive discounted rate: There is a card validator at the first floor security desk of the Gleacher Center. The new system for the AMC Theater- River East Self Park Garage is automated. You will only need to insert your parking card in the validator and the new price will be automatically applied.
- You can validate your parking ticket at any time between your arrival at and departure from the Gleacher Center. When you leave the lot you will be charged for the lower $6.00 fee.
- Garage is located next to PJ Clarks and below the AMC Theater.
- When traveling east on Illinois cross over Columbus and enter the Garage on the left (north) side of the street.
- If driving west on Grand (north of Theater), you can enter the garage ½ block before Columbus on the left (south) side of the street.
6:00 PM-6:30 PM: Networking (cash bar and appetizers)
6:30 PM-8:00 PM: Presentations and Q & A
The University of Chicago Healthcare & BioPharma (HCBP) Alumni Group offers diverse programming to serve a broad membership base. The HCBP alumni members come from across the University serving in the healthcare and life-science industries with an interest in business, legal, public policy, and medical issues.
The group holds
- Monthly informal discussion and networking meetings on the third Thursday of most months.
- At least four educational/networking programs per year featuring expert speakers. Most programs are held at the Gleacher Center. Some are held in the northern suburbs.
For more information and to participate in event planning, please contact:
Ernest Chiodo,'11 co-chair 312-351-0717
Mary Rasmusson,'89 co-chair
The healthcare industry as we have known it is gone. Hear from three healthcare and biopharma leaders who are executing game-changing strategies in the face of new quality and cost payment incentives.
Our speakers will address questions such as:
- What are the key characteristics that will separate the winning and losing healthcare providers in the Chicago region and nationally?
- How can innovative technology companies succeed when their customers are focused on driving down costs?
- What are the opportunities for the players in the new healthcare ecosystem – and who is seizing those opportunities now?
Come for a lively conversation, bring your own questions, and leave with actionable insights.
Claude A. Foreit, D.O. (Speaker)
President, Franciscan Physician Network
Claude leads the Patient Centered Medical Home implementation for the Franciscan Alliance and helped develop the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization for the Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region.
Dr. Foreit is a graduate of the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Board Certified in Family Practice, and also holds a MHA from the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. He was a founding member of the Physician Organization of Northwest Indiana (PONI), an IPA, and serves on the Medical Advisory Committee of MDwise, a non-profit Medicaid HMO formed with IUHealth.
Claude also serves on the Board of Directors of the Cathedral Shelter of Chicago, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing addiction treatment, crisis intervention and permanent supportive housing for homeless adults and families, and Parents as Teachers of Lake County Indiana, a group dedicated to primary prevention through the educational support of young parents.
Elyse Forkosh Cutler (Speaker)
President and Founder, Sage Health Strategy
Elyse Forkosh Cutler is the President and Founder of Sage Health Strategy, a health strategy firm based in Chicago. Sage provides strategic advisory services to hospitals and health systems nationally.
Most recently, Elyse served as Advocate Health Care's Vice President of Strategic Planning and Network Development. Advocate is the largest integrated delivery system in the State of Illinois. Elyse partnered with Advocate's hospitals and medical group to grow the number of patients Advocate serves.
Her areas of focus included accountable care, physician alignment strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, and developing strategic plans at the site, service line and system levels. Elyse also served as a Project Sponsor for the implementation of AdvocateCare, Advocate's nationally-recognized Accountable Care partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.
Prior to joining Advocate, Elyse was a Principal at Tucker Alan Inc. At Tucker Alan, she managed consulting engagements with state Medicaid agencies across the country in the areas of Medicaid managed care and pharmacy cost management. Tucker Alan became part of Navigant Consulting in 2004.
Elyse holds two graduate degrees from the University of Chicago, a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Public Policy. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Kenyon College.
Lisa M. Giles (Speaker), Giles & Associates Consultancy, Inc. and Optivara Inc.
Lisa Giles leads two strategy businesses – Consulting Services and a provider of proprietary decision tools. For the past 12 year, Lisa's firm has consulted with healthcare company leaders to design growth strategies, optimize product portfolios, and develop objective analytics to prioritize global expansion investments. GAC's clients range from large global leaders to early stage technology innovators. Prior to launching her consultancy, Lisa was the Vice President of Strategy Development for Searle Pharmaceuticals, a partner in a Strategy Consulting Firm, and held strategy, marketing, and operations positions with Abbott Laboratories
Lisa serves on the Board of Directors of Durata Therapeutics, Northwestern Memorial Foundation, and the Art Institutes' Auxiliary Board. She is a member of Lake Forest Hospitals' Professional Standard Committee, and was awarded in 2010 Enterprising Women of the Year award.
She earned an EMP from Stanford University, and a B.S. degree from Juniata College, Huntingdon, Pa. She resides in Lake Forest, IL and Chicago, IL.