Author William Welter Presents "Rethink, Reinvent, Reposition - 12 Strategies"
March 2, 2011: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Chicago Booth and the Business Book Roundtable invite alumni and guests to an evening author event. Author William Welter presents "Rethink, Reinvent, Reposition - 12 Strategies."
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago Booth has arranged with the AMC Theater-River East Self parking Garage to provide discounted parking:
300 East Illinois Street (AMC Theater-River East Self Park Garage)
$6 after 3 PM
Garage: Self-Park facility
Payment: Automated; at pay-stations by cash or credit card, or upon exit pay by credit card only.
To receive discounted rate: There is a card validator at the 1st floor security desk of the Gleacher Center. The new system for the AMC Theater-River East Self Park Garage is automated. You will only need to insert your parking card in the validator and the new price will automatically be applied. You can validate your parking ticket at any time between your arrive at and departure from the Gleacher Center. When you leave the lot you will be charged for the discounted $6 fee.
- Garage is located next to PJ Clarke's and below the AMC Theater.
- When traveling east on Illinois, cross over Columbus and enter the Garage on the left (north) side of the street.
- If driving west on Grand (north of Theater), you can enter the garage 1/2 block before Columbus on the left (south) side of the street.
$15 Book is not included but will be available for sale at the event.
6:00 PM-6:45 PM: Networking, Appetizers, and Cash Bar
6:45 PM-8:00 PM: Author Presentation, Q&A, Discussion
Registration online is required.
All businesses age. But decline is not inevitable. If your business can successfully reinvent itself, it may be destined not just for a new lease on life but to transform your industry.
Leo Hopf and Bill Welter's new book, "Rethink, Reinvent, Reposition: 12 Strategies to Renew Your Business and Boost Your Bottom Line," presents a simple yet effective framework for renewal in today's business environment. The book describes the process and tools with which leadership teams at all levels can renew their businesses and watch growth and margins soar.
This book presents 12 proven solutions for business renewal with multiple business examples of each. Among these are:
- Catch the New Wave: Shift your current business to the next best thing (i.e., the wii controller in video games)
- Make a Time Shift: Do business during a new or different part of the day to reach different customers (i.e., Chex party mix creates demand for breakfast cereal in the evenings)
- Shift to the Sweet Spot: Look at the value chain and develop offerings in the most attractive parts of the chain (i.e., Qualcomm moving from commodity contract research into developing its own patents to control cell phone CDMA technology)
- Cash Out and Double Down: Sell some of your business units so you can focus on the one or more that has the most promise of success (i.e., Eli Lilly selling it's Guidant medical device company to fund its core pharmaceutical business)
- Hopf and Welter include a renewal diagnostic for identifying which parts of your business need to be renewed and which do not. And they show you how to build renewal and transformation capabilities in your next generation of leaders.
For additional information: http://rethinkreinventreposition.com
William Welter (Speaker)
Managing Director, Adaptive Strategies, Inc.