Fashion: The Business of Turning Dreams Into Reality
May 5, 2010: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Event chair Lynn Wyatt, international humanitarian, civic leader, fashion icon, patron
and good friend to some of the greatest creative couturiers of our time (Valentino, Karl
Lagerfeld, Emanuel Ungaro, Bill Blass, Jean Paul Gaultier), and with a discerning grasp
of haute couture as both art and investment, invites you to hear
A panel of fashion business experts on Wednesday evening, May 5
organized by the MBA Council of Houston,
Fashion Group International, and the Houston Creative Partnership
Featuring these prominent clothing, jewelry, and accessory designers and fashion arts professionals:
Chloe Dao – Lot 8 Boutique
Janet Gurwitch – Gurwitch Consulting Group LLC
David Hamilton – Hamilton Shirts
Alexandra Knight – Women's Accessories Designer
Elaine Turner – Elaine Turner Designs LLC
Laurann Claridge – Claridge and King
Moderator: Katie Campion – Katie Campion Consulting, former Program Director, Council
of Fashion Designers of America
CenterPoint Energy Tower Auditorium
1111 Louisiana (between Lamar and Dallas, use Milam at Dallas entrance)
$35 per person, reception included ($25 for FGI members)
Register By Phone: 713.256.8965
Credit card reservations online by Monday, 3 May, 2010.
Walkups cash or check only.
For those thinking about their own fashion businesses and how to take them forward, for investors
interested in this industry, and for those charged with economic development and jobs creation— please join us for a panel discussion which will include some of Houston's leading fashion executives. Topics to be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- What is better, equity or debt financing?
- If you have to limit resources, do you emphasize production or sales?
- How does a designer create the necessary PR support for their business?
- What kind of infrastructure should Houston provide to ensure the success of these
- How do we promote and improve public recognition and appreciation of the fashion arts as an important contributor to Houston's creative economy?
- Other informed points of view on the business aspects of fashion and Houston's economic